Information Sharing and Disclosure
Any personal data may be shared with:
1. affiliates of BSL for the purposes of operating this website and the services provided from this website;
2. BSL or its affiliates successors (including by way of liquidation or other insolvency event) provided the successor adopts similar terms of privacy to this privacy statement; and
3. BSL or its affiliates suppliers and other persons who need the information in order to supply goods or services you have ordered or for purposes approved by BSL or its affiliates.
BSL and its affiliates will not share your personal data with other third parties who will use your personal data to contact you with promotional or marketing offers for their goods or services.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
BSL and its affiliates may track and process information and data in relation to your use of our Web Site using "cookies". We use this information and data to tailor the Web Site for our visitors, showing them content that they are shown to be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. We do not disseminate this information to anyone but BSL's authorized members, employees and contractors.
Most internet browsers allow you to stop receiving cookies via options/settings. You may enable these options/settings. However, this will mean that our system may not recognise your computer when you log in and so you may not be able to take full advantage of all content on the BSL Web Site.
This Web Site has the ability to track the history of downloaded and accessed materials as follows:
- The Web Site captures: timestamp, IP address of the user, and if logged in the user's first/last name, email address, phone number, and employer. These details are taken from the user's registered profile.
- This detail is only available to administrators of the Web Site and is useful in improving BSL's understanding of, and highlighting, those areas of the Web Site which are most frequently accessed or used.
- The Web Site also tracks "page counts" per user (how many pages the user has accessed) and when the user has last used the site. This facilitates identification of "dead email addresses".
This Web Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information and data under our control. All BSLauthorized employees and contractors are notified of the importance of keeping all user information confidential.
BSL and its affiliates will share information as required by law, court order or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities.
BSL and its affiliates and any legal entity for whom it or they act as agent will take all reasonable precautions to preserve the privacy and confidential information of users as set out in this policy. We cannot however guarantee the security of your information absolutely and you acknowledge that we may be subject to breaches of security through no fault of our own.
For the avoidance of doubt neither BSL nor its affiliates limits its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that arises as a result of the negligence of BSL, its affiliates, directors, employees or their representatives.
Changes to personal details
To remove your user ID and e-mail address from our user database and distribution list please send us an e-mail at email@example.com. and type REMOVE FROM E-MAIL LIST in the subject line from ID's registered email address.
It is your responsibility to notify BSL of any changes to your personal details or other information you have provided to us. To change or update your personal details including your opt-in discussion forum subscriptions please log in as normal and click the "Edit Profile" button.
BSL may solicit comments about the Web Site through feedback forms and surveys. The comments alone may be disseminated to BSL authorized members, employees and contractors, but not any other third parties.